In 2011 I left full-time work as a secondary school teacher, but this is not the only way that having fibromyalgia changed my life, it gave me:
- TIME to reflect, relax and enjoy simple pleasures
- A need to think CREATIVELY to overcome obstacles in my daily life and working life
- Greater EMPATHY with those who struggle with physical activities
- Permission to PRIORITISE my own health and well-being
- Determination to acknowledge and live by my VALUES
Now, four years later, I have embraced home-working and begun a new business as a freelance proofreader, copy editor and copy-writer. I maintain my commitment to education as an A’ Level English Literature examiner and private tutor. I make time for family and friends; I make time for lunch. And, of course, I am sharing my experiences in this blog.